Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> > Note that the HTML working group has been ignoring errata suggestions
> > to HTML 4.01 for years now, so I wish you luck with getting them to
> > specify it.
>
> Well I've got a process issue about that, a timelimit on the current
> open ended obligation to track issues in specifications of course that
> equally needs them to address that issue first, but I'm hopeful one day
> it will happen.  There's a similar problem with every working group of
> course, there's no CSS2 errata and no SVG 1.1 errata, I'm still hopeful
> of WG's doing things properly, simply not raising issues is not a
> sensible approach.

Given that the CSS working group has spent most of the last three years
fixing the problems that arose from CSS2, and was actively maintaining the
errata for some 3 years before that, that's a rather inflammatory
suggestion. You will find the CSS2 errata here:

   http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html

This was maintained until CSS2.1 WD was released, at which point CSS2.1
WDs became the proposed errata for CSS2; now that CSS2.1 has reached CR,
the CSS2 errata refers to CSS2.1 as being the actual errata for CSS2.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/