Re: svg with http paramter

"Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr> wrote in message
news:3F818658.3090603@expway.fr...

> Dean Jackson wrote:
> > On Wed 10 Sep 2003, Alfred Tsang wrote:
> >>Is it possible to pass a parameter to svg from http GET method?
> >>for example, http://localhost/somesvg.svg?foo=bar, how can I access foo?
> >
> > The SVG specification doesn't say anything about this.
> > Does document.location give you the info?
>
> document.location.query might give the entire string

Where did document.location come from, let alone document.location.query ???

SVGDocument.URL  is how you access the location in SVG as per SVG 1.1

I've no idea where you got those other ideas from, but document.URL seems to
provide everything you need to parse the elements.

document.location is AFAIK only an originally MS extension to the HTML DOM -
most UA's have it on the window element in such DOM's.
document.location.query I've never heard of anywhere.

Jim.