Re: Clarification of Parameters to Relative Cubic Bezier Spline / Bug

Thanks for your reply.

I have now seen it in the spec (after reading the information that comes
before the section about the splines).

I would just like to add that my reason behind what I wanted is that if
it were as I said I think there would be less dependent variables.
M sx sy c dx dy dx' dy' x' y' (if the dx' dy' is relative to the x', y')
then x' and y' could change without having to recalculate the dx' dy'.
The curve is essentially the same. Thats my programmers way of thinking
about the world, its easier to visualize when writing an svg file by
hand. Sure if you have a tool to do the calculation theres no problem.

I dont see that there are really 2 current points, to change it to what
the specification says c x1 y1 x2 y2 x y is easy: x2=x'+dx'
y2=y'+dy'
its just Id rather have the computer do the work for me.

I suppose since the specification is released that thats the way it has
to stay, even though its a minor point I think its a shame.

Thanks
Andy Bailey