Clarification of Parameters to Relative Cubic Bezier Spline / Bug

From: Andy Bailey <ambailey@usb.edu.co>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:00:07 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
In the specification of  Relative Cubic Bezier Spline (svg 1.1)
c (x1 y1 x2 y2 x y)+
it does not what the parameters are relative to ...

I assumed that the x1 and y1 were relative to the current point
that x2 and y2 were relative to the final point of the curve (x, y)
and that x y were relative to the current point.

This seems to me to be logical

However I am using cocoon with batik to do the rendering and I
discovered that the x2 y2 is relative to the
current point, this doesnt seem to be logical. If one drew the diagram
you would draw it as in the diagram cubic01.png in the same page of the
svg 1.1 specifications. (that I am attaching)

Is this a bug in batik or is this the intended form of svg, in either
case I think the parameters need to be clarified.

To everyone involved in svg - thank you for all your hard work.

Andy Bailey

cubic01.png
(image/png attachment: cubic01.png)