Re: SVG schema: Relax NG or not?

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:54:41 +0200
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:

> Yes and just read it - its so simple and clear.

yep :)

eg

<define name="Flow.model">
  <zeroOrMore>
   <choice>
    <text/>
    <ref name="Heading.class"/>
    <ref name="Block.class"/>
    <ref name="List.class"/>
    <ref name="Inline.class"/>
    <ref name="Misc.class"/>
    </choice>
  </zeroOrMore>
</define>

Having a nicely organized main normative schema written in such nice and
simple XML for SVG will be really great for people writing tools which
work with SVG.

> There are various ways
> of writing RNG, one is the heavily nested, one big blob way, another
> is the 'dtd like' small definitions way; which i prefer and which this
> modularization uses.

I also prefer this style.

> TR> Perhaps Relax NG is a candidate format for the main SVG schema?
>
> Yes; because then we can form XHTML2+SVG profiles with ease.

Sounds great!

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/