Re: Binary-coded version of SVG?

Hi Chris,

> Yes, but how do you know that this is the use case that Double Ye was
> thinking of? My original question was to find out which particular
> reason for a binary form prompted the original comment.

Doube Ye spoke about mobile networks and cites the WAP protocol, so I guess
he considers my use case (Now he is the only person who can says if I am
right or wrong :-) ).

> So you would see the binarization as happening in response to an
> explicit client request, perhaps by a proxy?

Yes, binarization can be done at the proxy or any intermediary level in
order to adapt the server answer to a particular delivery context (network
and client limitations, the kind of the communication protocol, etc.)

> I am aware of three or four, see the reference above to the TAG
> summary for some of them.

Thank's for that nice link

Tayeb*
Tayeb Lemlouma
http://opera.inrialpes.fr/people/Tayeb.Lemlouma/index.html
WAM project
National Research Institute in Computer Science and Control (INRIA
Rhône-Alpes, France )
Office B213, phone (+33) 04 76 61 52 81, Fax (+33) 04 76 61 52 07.