Re: SVG 1.2 11.4 Window Object

Tobias Reif wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>  > Yes, but forcing the viewers to only output valid SVG would force them
>  > to ship with a validator. I think that's too high a constraint.
>
> ... which I didn't request.

I was just clarifying your clarification ;)

> If someone constructs a document in memory, eg via the DOM and ECMA
> Script, then it should get serialized as similiar as possible to that
> document (DOM tree). (I'd prefer if this would be done in a predictable
> way by all implementations, eg by following the same single standard or
> other spec, and if options for pretty-printing were available.)

DOM 3 LS could help there. If you have use cases don't hesitate to make them known.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-LS-20030226/

> Making sure it's valid could result in significant changes to the
> document, which, at least as only or default behaviour, isn't desired. A
> draft for example could be invalid intentionally, and validity of a
> fragment is not always clearly defined.

AFAIK the DOM people have banged their heads hard on that problem without
reaching a solution they liked.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/