Re: SVG 1.2 meta feedback

Jim Ley wrote:
> "Dean Jackson" <dean@w3.org>
>>Yeah, but then we have to include the svg:, right?
>
> In:
>
> <xs:element name="flowLayout">
>   <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:element ref="flowRegion" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
>   </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> There'd be no svg namespaced portions I believe?

If the default namespace were XML Schema's, you'd need to have
ref='svg:flowRegion'. But otherwise I agree with you.

>>The WWW2003 attendees saw it on screen, but it is not in the
>>online version. Also, you needed a unnamed, unreleased SVG viewer
>>to display the resulting SVG.
>
> However some interested individual could implement it in javascript...  I've
> been adding a templating feature to foafnaut recently, and that could've
> much more sensibly done with RAX (so foafnaut updates some XML, and it's
> transformed to svg depending on seperately specified docs) I didn't use RAX,
> because I have no idea what it looks like, and instead had to develop my own
> templating system in js, a RAX implementation in js could've been much more
> sensible.

You can implement the declarative syntax in es, it's been done. However what
you'd miss would be the shadow tree, which is a really convenient way of not
destructively manipulating a DOM.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/