SVG 1.2 - RCC vs XBL

From: Erik Arvidsson <erik@eae.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:49:45 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: hyatt@mozilla.org

Reading through the Rendering Custom Context section in SVG 1.2 WD I
kept thinking of the XML Binding Language, XBL
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xbl/ , ). RCC is trying to achieve exactly what
XBL is already doing for any XML dialect. I was wondering whether the
people working with RCC had any plans to take this part out of SVG and
coordinate its efforts with the the people behind XBL (and related
efforts at the W3C) for the greater good of mankind :-)

erik