Re: SVG 1.2 - Rendering Custom Content

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:47:05 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Kevin Lindsey" <kevin@kevlindev.com> wrote in message
news:005401c34d7b$95722db0$6401a8c0@monkey...

>I have seen a few requests for feedback concerning RCC in
>SVG 1.2 but not much activity, so I'm throwing in my 2 cents.

I think many of us were fortunate enough to give it in person this last
week.

One thought I had which I think I only mentioned to one WG member and even
then after many beers so he may not remember, was if there could be a syntax
with which you could bind RCC components to elements outside of the document
myself, I've had some reservations on shadowTree's and the importance of
accessing the rendering for accessibility UA's but can't get that sensibly
constructed right now, and I know the WG is aware of it.  This external
binding (presumably meaning in the User StyleSheet) would allow me to render
metadata or such in SVG documents in interesting ways without needing any
new access technology.

I've always been interested in what we can do to make content accessible
with the existing free UA's and RCC could give us some more opportunities
for that.

I couldn't imagine what a syntax might look like though.

Jim.