Request for clearer specification regarding relative curved paths

From: George Williams <gww@silcom.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 17:08:08 -0700
To: www-svg@w3.org

The SVG 1.1 specification does not say exactly how "relative" should be
interpreted in specifying curved splines.
   M x0 y0 c x1 y1 x2 y2 x3 y3

I have been used to reading PostScript Type1 fonts and I mistakenly
assumed this corresponded to
   M x0 y0 C x1+x0 y1+y0 x2+x1+x0 y2+y1+y0 x3+x2+x1+x0 y3+y2+y1+y0
(the type1 rrcurveto operator where each point is relative to the
previous point rather than having them all relative to the initial
point.

If you could add a statement to the effect that all points are relative
to the initial point it would make the lives of people like me easier
:-)

Thanks,
George Williams

PfaEdit  http://pfaedit.sf.net/