Re: XForms and Text and RCC, Oh My!

From: Cameron McCormack <clm@csse.monash.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:06:15 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Doug.

Doug Schepers:
> I think that a few key features may be missing, though. First, and most
> important, I think that in order for RCC to live up to its potential, it is
> essential that some limited aspect of XPath be included. There was much
> debate about this at SVG Open (and I'm sure within the WG), but there is
> very little said about this in the 1.2WD itself, outside of the XSLT-nature
> use-cases of Live Templates.

Yes, I've noticed the conspicuous absence of concrete examples of what
LiveTemplates would look like.  I've been working on some extensions to
Batik to provide what I think LiveTemplates should be.  I'll be done in a
couple of weeks.  Hopefully it can get some discussion going on the pros
and cons of RCC/script and the template way.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack
  // clm@csse.monash.edu.au