Re: SVG1.2 and web applications

The single biggest hurdle to this idea is that the very technology required to
make it happen (the ability to use the network interfaces in 1.2) will also make
it unsafe to use.  Just imagine a cross-platform capable MS Outlook. Throw in
the ability to make RPC and you have a very nice delivery mechanism for
virus/trojans/worms... and they won't target just MS platforms, but anything
using the svg functionality.

  There must be very strict control over what is allowed via this type of
interface or it will single handedly kill svg...

  Randy

"Fred P." wrote:
[snip]

> As far as I am concern, I see the future of SVG replacing every other
> currently used format
> with proper XML namespace extension for metadata to keep them working:
> PS, PDF, GIF, PNG, XBM, XPM, Flash, Animated GIF, HTML/XHTML,
> Word/Excel/Visio document, PowerPoint presentation, etc.
> Already Word/Excel/Powerpoint can be saved in working HTML format, let's go
> one step further! =)

[snip]