currentTranslate and currentScale

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 07:04:34 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hello,

I know it's in the specs, but I just want it clarified (since the specs
describe it in a matrix way, and I'm not always comfortable with that).

My question is if the currentTranslate should be performed after or before
the currentScale, that is:

should the image be scaled, and then translated
or
should the image be translated, and then scaled (the scaling would also
affect the translation)

Another way to put it:

pixelTranslate = translate

or

pixelTranslate = translate * scale

A third way, just to make my question super-clear :)

If you have an svg image that is (100,100) and currentTranslate(10,10) and
currentScale(2)

should the topleft visible portion of the image be at (10,10) or (10*2,
10*2)

thanks,

--
Sigurd Lerstad