Re: Declarative animation limitations

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:51:42 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

ksmrq@netscape.net wrote:

 > The only conclusion I could draw was that declarative animation is
 > not meant to be taken seriously.

I think it is meant to be taken seriously, and I also think there is a
lot of room for evolution, both in SMIL ani and in SVG's SMIL ani.

 > Scripts and the DOM are the
 > intended method.

For what you are describing, script may indeed be the best way, at least
with SVG1.0.

Perhaps these are interesting for you:

 > I have posted the issue for four reasons: [...] 2) community service,
 > to improve the design for everyone;

Thanks! Always a good reason to post here. Perhaps the WG will consider
some of your suggestions for inclusion.