RE: [svg-developers] SVG 1.2 / 2.0 Keyboard Events

From: Thierry Kormann <tkormann@ilog.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:27:20 +0200
To: <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

> I would like to suggest that appropriate handling of keyboard events in a
> standard way be added to / strengthened in the Requirements
> documents for SVG
> 1.2 / 2.0.
>
> That may be covered by Chapter 5 of the current Requirements
> document, since
> it makes mention of DOM Level 3. I would, at a minimum, like to
> see the "may"
> upgraded to at least a "should".

My personal opinion is that key events is a 'must' for 1.2. The problem we
have right now is that the DOM Level 3 Events module is still in Working
Draft and a W3C specification at stage 'n' can not reference another
specification at stage 'n-1' or more generally 'n-p' where (p > 0) :)

Anyway, the SVG WG is working it.

Thierry.