Re: Accessibility access to SVG

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:37:55 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org, DPawson@rnib.org.uk

On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, 11:07:47 AM, DPawson wrote:

Drou> Just loaded up a (two year old) accessibility tool,
Drou> probably the most common in the UK, Jaws for Windows.
Drou> Having loaded the accessibility bridge from sun,
Drou> http://java.sun.com/products/accessbridge/,
Drou> batik menu's show (read) OK. Nil from the content.
Drou>   I wonder if they've done anything with the content
Drou> to present it to the bridge?

Drou> ASV3, IE6, the content is totally unrecognised,
Drou> obviously no dom access, as achieved with html files.
Drou>  Something for Adobe to think about?

Rather than Batik and Adobe doing some wierd thing to make this
two-year-old software thinking its screen-scraping adumb html file,
perhaps it would be more efficient to make a revised version of this
software that uses the W3C XML DOM interface, already provided by both
Adobe and Batik and the recommended way by the WAI to acess structured

Drou> I've asked someone else to try with the most recent
Drou> version of JFW, using ie and asv3.
Drou> I'll report any progress using that version.

That would be interesting.