RE: foreignObject

In my thinking, a foreignObject element will have a requiredExtensions
attribute which is a namespace URI which says which "plugin" to the SVG
user agent will parse the contents of the foreignObject and produce a
rendering based on those contents. If the plugin can deal with multiple
children, then you can have multiple children within the foreignObject.

Generally, to the SVG user agent, everything inside the foreignObject is
opaque.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG 1.0 Editor

Of