RE: proposal for this link/tspan discussion

Pardon my simple mind and lack of vision, but is xlink:xref not more
generally used to mean 'go to that place, get something, and use it here',
or more succinctly  'this is an inbound link'?

This is quite a bit different from the <a> tag which means 'this is an
outbound link'.

I will take it for granted that there are valid reasons to hate the <a tag.
But personally, I like it and have no problems with its existance. It makes
me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that this <a> will take me to some other,
wonderful place.

It's also nice in rendering terms to know that you are about to render
something that behaves like an anchor tag before you get to the content.
Makes my life a whole lot easier with the yasb browser design.

Foolishly,

Ronan