Re: [SVG1.0] no tspan allowed inside an anchor?

TR> I understood the solution (which doesn't really answer the
TR> original question though) you suggested via the DTD snippet, said
TR> thanks, [...]

    I think he was trying to solve your problem not answer your
question.

TR> so what is the problem now?

   So I'll answer the question.  If we allowed tspan inside an 'a'
element you could write:

<svg ...> <!-- outermost svg>
<a ...>
   <!-- note no enclosing text element -->
   <tspan >This is text that should be anchored</tspan>
</a>

   Since, you _really_ don't want to have tspans outside of a text
elements and since 'a' can appear almost anywhere the decision was
made to not allow tspan in an a.  You can always get the same result
by adding some additional 'a' elements in your text element (you may
have to break up a single logical 'a' into several smaller a's that
don't span tspans.

   You will of course point out that because 'a' can have things like
'path' 'g' 'circle' the problem really wasn't solved by this decision
it was just changed:

   To which one might answer, oh well can't fix everything.