Re: [SVG1.0] no tspan allowed inside an anchor?

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:49:49 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com

AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

> The question was answered and if you had visited the URL I gave you,
> http://www.XMML.com/ (third minpage) you would have seen it demonstrated
> too.
>
> <tspan>
> <a>
>   whatever text
> </a>
> </tspan>
>
> Since you posted a DTD extract I assumed you could read a DTD, without
> needing to have it explained to you. Notice above that the a element is
> allowed as content of a tspan element.

Could you please relax? None of the above is friendly, helpful, or even
reasonable.

You gave me the DTD snippet

<!ELEMENT tspan
(#PCDATA|desc|title|metadata|tspan|tref|altGlyph|a|animate|set|animateColor
                 %tspanExt;)* >

to which I replied offlist:

########
... so I could write valid

   <text>
   </text>

.

The question is not answered, but the above seems to be sufficiently
equivalent to invalid

   <text>
   </text>

Thanks,

######

The first snippet is exactly the solution you use on your site.

I understood the solution (which doesn't really answer the original
question though) you suggested via the DTD snippet, said thanks, so what
is the problem now?

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/