Re: [svg-developers] Re: Human readable? semantic web and SVG 1.1 /2.0

I was one of the people involved in last years "microparsing" debate.

What I proposed then was basically a *simple* mechanism to bind a String
(attribute or data inside tags) to a parser that could transform the
string to an *equivalent* XML fragment. This binding could be stored in
the annotation part of an XML Schema for attributes or elements.
This way it is possible to do a lazy binding from string to XML when
needed and DOM bloat may be avoided.

I made this proposal because schema writers have already made misstakes
and put information in a sigle attribute that really should have been in
separate attributes or elements. So "non XML compliant" schema writing
practices are drawn back into the XML family again.

Is a general rule, "microparsing" should not be needed, especially in
the XML domain.

See initial proposal LC102
<http://www.w3.org/2000/05/12-xmlschema-lcissues.html> for more info and
last years resulting comments.

/Anders

--
/  Anders W. Tell , Financial Toolsmiths AB                  /