RE: embed svg in html

  -----Original Message-----
  From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Uzma Shaffi
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 3:45 AM
  To: ronan@roasp.com; www-svg@w3.org
  Subject: Re: embed svg in html

  Im not using Netscape Navigator,because it doesnt support svg.
Uzma,

Forgive me, but what do you mean that NN doesn't support NN? I assume you are using Adobe SVG Viewer, which does support Netscape.

Michael
   I have used same <embed > codes just like yours, but its not updating my svg map dynamically. I have to press "refresh" each time I clicked on any part of the map.
  <object> code doesnt work in same way.
  can't we just have svg codes in servlets without embeding it first in html/xhtml?? I mean we can just print out svg, instead of saving it each time its send to client.Then it may create concurrency problems,if multi users are accessing same file at same time. Wouldn't it be overwritten then?

  Uzma

  ronan@roasp.com wrote:

     I stand corrected.
    It may not be your method but your browser giving problems at the client end.

    I've got the latest version of the plug-in on a machine and an older version on another. It seems that the new version has a problem with rendering the svg I generate. That particular SVG is dynamic and has url links to other documents, and the links show up in the drawing window, but the rendering does not take place.

    Anybody else having this problem?

    Here is the offending site:

    http://roasp.com/cgi-bin/new_svg/examples/svgtest2.pl

    viewable in IE5 / svgexe beta 2, but not visible in NS4.7 beta 3 (candidate release).

    also,

    http://roasp.com/svg/index2.html , an html document with static and dynamic svg in it. Same problem.

    Beware of the <object > tag. Many corporate firewalls block that tag.

    Here is my embed implementation

    <EMBED SRC="images/header.svg"
      NAME="SVG1" width="760" height="100"
      TYPE="image/svg-xml"
      PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">

    <EMBED SRC="http://roasp.com/cgi-bin/new_svg/examples/svgtest2.pl"
      NAME="SVG2" width="760" height="100"
      TYPE="image/svg-xml"
      PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">

    This seems to be the same implementation as yours