Re: embed svg in html

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:29:16 +0200
To: ronan@roasp.com
CC: Uzma Shaffi <u.shaffi@har.mrc.ac.uk>, www-svg@w3.org

> I've got the latest version of the plug-in on a machine and an
> older version on another. It seems that the new version has a
> problem with rendering the svg I generate. That particular SVG
> is dynamic and has url links to other documents, and the links
> show up in the drawing
> window, but the rendering does not take place.
>
> Anybody else having this problem?

No, I can't reproduce it.

> Here is the offending site:
>
> http://roasp.com/cgi-bin/new_svg/examples/svgtest2.pl
>
> viewable in IE5 / svgexe beta 2, but not visible in NS4.7 beta 3 (candidate release).

Viewable in IE6 and in Netscape 4.75 both with adobe 3.0 rc1 (build 58),
Batik 1.1rc2,  under Windows 2000 SP2. CSIRO 2001-08 gave an error
"could not load SVG" because the file is not valid [1]

Viewable in IE6 and netscape 4.75 both with Adobe 3.0 beta 1 (build 42)
under Windows XP Professional (release candidate 1).

--
Chris
[1] unexpected attribute "errors"