  • From: Michael Bierman <mbier@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:37:54 -0800 (PST)
  • Subject: Re: [svg-developers] Re: SVG versus FLASH
  • To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
ou might try
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/comparison_flash_svg.html
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1308
http://www.square1.nl/TGC-SITE/vector/vector-gallery.htm
http://research.bitflash.com/sdvg/SVGBDemoRep.html
 This is also a topic I will cover a bit in the upcoming "Foundation SVG" book.
Michael
  AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote: In a message dated 03/11/01 20:19:01 GMT Standard Time,
eran.galil@emblaze.com writes:

> One of most common questions which im being asked  when i start explaining
> people
> on SVG, and it's benefits, is how is it compared to flash (plugin
> footprints, presentation sizes, functionality)...
>
> Does anyone knows a reference to a detailed comparison between the two,
> benchmarking done
> or other material like that ?

Eran,

Someone on the SVG-Developers list at YahooGroups.com created an online
comparison of Flash and SVG. I am copying this reply to the SVG-Developers
list. Perhaps someone with a better memory for URLs than I have will send you
the information directly.

Further information about the SVG-Developers list is located at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers

You might want to join the list and search the archives if nobody replies to
you direct.

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

-----
-or-
visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
----

Michael Bierman
http://www.adobe.com/svg

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Cobra Gas Powered Scooter. Top speed exceeds 25 mph.
Originally $599.95.
Now $399.95 at Youcansave.com.
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/K11sED/OkNDAA/ySSFAA/1U_rlB/TM"><B>Click Here!</B></A>