wish list for svg 2.0

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 01:09:39 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org
You must be a subscriber to post to this list.

attached mail follows:

 i consider these 3 features worth a discussion:

1) arc element, maybe
<arc cx cy rx ry start-angle sweep-angle />

<arc cx cy rx />  // .. we have the <circle> element with this ..
<arc cx cy rx ry /> // .. we have the <ellipse> element with this ..

.. and appropriate default values. ( i know of no thread discussing this, but i am sure it happened!)

2) <angularGradient ..>
* with <linearGradient> i can emulate a cylinders shading
* with <radialGradient> a sphere's shading can be modelled
* currently we cannot emulate the shading of a cone

3) parameterized groups (very important)
i am sure you discuss this. vml has something like parameterization. so there must be a reason not to include that
into svg 1.0. Hopefully the argument was to delay parameterization until svg 2.0.

.. more may follow

stefan goessner