Re: SVG -development environment/tools?

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:36:55 +0000
To: "ravi" <ravi@Texworld.com>, <www-svg@w3.org>
On Friday 28 December 2001 10:36, ravi wrote:
|   hi am a new member I am basically a graphic designer,and know lil bout
| xml..
|   could some one help me where to start knowing about svg?(not
|   spec!...,development environment/tools?)
|   or how matured is this format?
|   Ravishankar

if you are running Linux - you may want to try Sodipodi
or Kontour
(both are available for FREE)

If you don't have Linux yet - you can try
either Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW 10 (but this will cost you money).
Adobe Illustrator supports export for SVG, and CorelDRAW 10 can both import
and export SVG drawings.

re: "how matured is this format?"
It's in the beginning of its life, it's not matured at all.
So far only Adobe produced SVG Plugin. Mozilla has separate version with
built-in SVG support, but it's not included in default version/distribution.
Sound like an excellent opportunity for software developers :-)

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
KDE mini-Themes