Re: SVG -development environment/tools?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:27:10 EST
To: www-svg@w3.org
In a message dated 28/12/01 10:38:58 GMT Standard Time, ravi@Texworld.com
writes:

> hi am a new member I am basically a graphic designer,and know lil bout xml..
>
> could some one help me where to start knowing about svg?(not
> spec!...,development environment/tools?)
> or how matured is this format?
>
> regards,
> Ravishankar

Ravi,

There are several sources of information available, including the following.

My book "Designing SVG Web Graphics" is designed to introduce the designer to
SVG. It doesn't assume too much XML knowledge.

See http://www.newriders.com/books/title.cfm?isbn=0735711666

A very useful online source of information is the SVG-Developers mailing
list.

See http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/svg-developers for further information.
There are now over 1800 members and there is an extensive searchable archive
too.

Tools? A text editor is enough to get started. You may also want to look at
Jasc WebDraw which is currently available as a free download.

See http://www.jasc.com

Those should give you a start.

Regards

Andrew Watt