Renderiing filters

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:41:43 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I'm wondering what the intended/recommended way (if there is such a thing)
to render elements that have a style="filter:#..." on them

My question is:

Should I process the filters in an untransformed coordinate-system (I mean,
the X axis is horizontal and the Y-axis is vertical) and then transform the
final/resulting image into the other coordinate system (easier for most
filters, especially the gaussianBlur), but quality will suffer, and makes it
harder with BackgroundGraphic/BackgroundAlpha

Should I process the filters in the correct coordinate system from the start
(might be difficult for some filters), but quality will be high

Sigurd Lerstad