Re: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] Adding private elements and attributes to the DTD]

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:23:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-svg@w3.org
Mikael,

the adobe-viewer just ignores all elements that are
not SVG-elements, and all their contents.

Webdraw is still beta, and will hopefully provide some
more sophisticated support for extended documents or
other namespaces.

In short: you tapped into a general problem of XML:
what are applications expected to do with all those
namespaces?

I would like to see some XHTML-support in the viewers
and in Webdraw, later RDF, XPath+Xpointer, SMIL.

Tobi

> I am trying to add a private attribute to an SVG
> file as described in
> chapter 23.5 in the SVG 1.0 specification from W3C.

=====
Tobias Reif
http://www.pinkjuice.com/myDigitalProfile.htm