[Fwd: [Moderator Action] Adding private elements and attributes to the DTD]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Mikael Sterley <mikael.sterley@anoto.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] Adding private elements and attributes to the DTD
  • To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I am trying to add a private attribute to an SVG file as described in
chapter 23.5 in the SVG 1.0 specification from W3C. I am not shure I have
understood the syntax.
Does anyone have a working SVG file where private elements are described
correctly?
When I open my SVG file in JASC WebDraw I get an error message about my
attribute. It seems as private attributes is not supportet by WebDraw. The
Adobe viewer does not complain about any added elements, even if they are
not described in the DTD.
Are there any applications where this feature is implemented?
The W3C SVG Test Suite does not seem to test this at all.

/Mike