SVG and CAD

From: Trent Austin <traustin@WELLSCOINC.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:22:12 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org
All:

Has anyone heard any word on whether the MicroStations and AutoCADs of
the world will be providing capabilities to read/write SVG files?  If
so, is there any hint of a schedule?

This would seem a natural fit for their products, as they essentially
are sophisticated vector graphics tools; however, those companies have
not always
exactly been on the bleeding edge of technology.  I've checked Bentley's
website, but they do not say anything there about upcoming versions of
MicroStation.

Thanks,
Trent Austin
Wellsco, Inc.

P.S.  I apologize if anyone has received this message more than once.  I
have tried sending it a couple of times, but it is not appearing in the
archives.  Thus, so far as I can tell, no one has received it.