Re: opacity, fill-opacity and stroke-opacity

From: Paton J. Lewis <palewis@Adobe.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:26:53 -0700
To: Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Section 5.5 of the 3/3/00 draft specification indicates that the 'type'
attribute for the 'style' element is a required attribute. The Adobe SVG
Viewer will not try to parse style elements if the 'type' attribute is not
set to "text/css" because we cannot assume that the styling is CSS (it
might be XSL, for example). If you provide the required attribute in your
example I think you'll find that it displays as you expect.

At 12:52 AM 5/18/00 , Thierry Kormann wrote:
>I made a small example to see how Jackaroo renders
>elements with opacity, stroke-opacity and fill-opacity.
>The Adobe plugin renders correctly the opacity01.svg
>available in the spec. It also renders correctly the IBM
>example that illustrate stroke-opacity and fill-opacity but
>does not render correctly my example.
>The svg document and screenshot are available at :
>Any comment ?
>Thierry Kormann
>email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/
>Koala/Dyade/Bull @ INRIA - Sophia Antipolis