Any update on SVG Recommendation status?

From: Tuttle . Cynthia <CTuttle@drc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 17:12:16 -0400
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
I really like the capabilities of SVG and its support by the commercial
industry (e.g. browser plug-ins, svg export/import support in drawing
tools). I'd like to propose using SVG for upcoming projects, but am
concerned about it's current 2nd last call status.  Is the specification
still on track to be moved to Proposed Recommendation status by the end of
this month?  How much longer before its anticipated issuance as a
Recommendation?

Thanks!