Re: Zooming

Justin Friedl wrote:

> I'm sorry,
> I'm not zooming, I'm scaling the image in the horizontal direction and not
> the vetical for purposes of a gantt chart.

Aha! Now I understand

> By doing this the font gets stretched horizontally.

Yes, it would

>  There exists a css property "font-stretch" but it
> is not supported in the adobe viewer.

Nor does it do what you suspect. Its used to select condensed and expanded
and normal variants from the same font family.

> The only work around I can find is to
> scale the text inversely and then shift the X coordinate appropriately.  If
> you have any other suggestions please let me know

Why not just lay out the entire chart at the size that you want it - which
will produce a long, thin graphic that won't all fit on screen at once -
and then let users pan around?

You can also link to particular views; for example you could create a view
for each week or month, and have buttons in the graphic that link to these
views.

With a bit of clever use of 'symbol' and 'use' and a little JavaScript, you
could even make panner butons and a small, high-level overview of the whole
chart with a little rectangle indicating the currently displayed portion.

--
Chris