CSS Units

From: Per Thygesen <per@bve.dk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:07:19 +0100
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
I can not quite understand the relationship between CSS units and
transforms...

1)
Will the following svg generate a 1cm square, or a 2 cm square ?
I think it should be a 1 cm square, as the CSS units specify units in
the viewport space,
but the IBM viewer shows a 2 cm square, and the CSIRO viewer can not
display it.

     <g transform="scale(2)">
       <rect x="1cm" y="1cm" width="1cm" height="1cm" />
     </g>

2)
In "7.12 Processing rules..." each paragraph ends with "and use that as
the value for the given operation".
What operation ?

3)
The examples in the draft are very good, but I miss an example which
shows multiple viewports,
multiple user spaces and multiple use of different units.