Path Coordinates

From: A. J. Wilson <wilsonsne@home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:32:21 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org
I am attempting to manually code some SVG paths and, as far as I can
tell, all coordinates that can be specified in the path cannot use unit
designators.  Do you see this as a shortcoming?

I am specifically trying to set up a page size (SVG viewport) that
mimics a 8" x 11.5" sheet of paper.  After that I want to draw paths
on the paper and have it rendered correctly both on a  monitor and on a
printer.
It seems that specifying path coordinates in pixel values defeats my
purpose,
because I do not know the resolution of the output device in advance.

What am I missing?

A.J. Wilson
wilsonsne@home.com
wilson_aj@prc.com