Re: When will browers support SVG without plug-in?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:50:03 EDT
To: www-svg@w3.org
andre.simmons@exponent.co.uk writes:

<< Could anyone tell me if Microsoft or Netscape have made any plans yet
(Time frames) as to when/if thier browers will support SVG without the
plug-in. Thanks Andre Simmons  >>

Hi Andre,

The Netscape 6 / Mozilla project has a newsgroup for discussing SVG matters.
So the answer to "if" is Yes, I think.

The newsgroup is called netscape.public.mozilla.svg I monitor it in a casual
way as to what is happening. I have never seen any kind of firm estimate of
when. Suffice to say, "Don't hold your breath". :)

I can't help you at the moment with any specific information about SVG
support in Internet Explorer. Take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/general/overview.asp That is one of the few web
pages on Microsoft.com where SVG or Scalable Vector Graphics is even
mentioned.

Andrew Watt