altglyph

From: Paul Topping <PaulT@mathtype.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:08:27 -0700
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hello,

I've been reading Section 12.6, "Ligatures and alternate glyphs", of the SVG
spec where the "altglyph" attribute is described. I'm a little confused as
to the details of altglyph.

- It is not clear to me what element this is an attribute of. Is it the
"text" element? I couldn't find altglyph mentioned in the DTD.

- The description under the "Unicode" value leads one to believe that it
describes a string of characters, whereas that of the "gyphid" value sounds
like it describes a single character.

Can anyone shed any light on this attribute?

Paul Topping
pault@mathtype.com
Design Science, Inc.