Re: More svg questions - Example request, and WMF conversion

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:12:30 +0200
To: carmen@blackdirt.com
CC: svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Carmen Delessio wrote:

> I have written Java programs to convert WMF files into Java source code
> and also to display WMFs in applets.  See
> http://www.blackdirt.com/graphics/
>
> My intention is to write a WMF to SVG converter,

Good. As soon as you have a page about it, let the list know and  will
ad a link to the W3C SVG overview page
  http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG

> but I am hard pressed
> to find a single example SVG file.

The next draft is planned to have samples to better illustrate how to
use the various tags and attributes; also a DTD so people can validate
their files.

Once there is a generator or converter working, real sample files that
drawe something worth looking at will soon become available.

> Since I have the WMF viewer in Java,
> I do not think it will be a big stretch to the create a simple SVG
> viewer for WMF type files.

You mean, by converting SVG to WMF? Or do you mean, having written one ,
another will be easier?

--
Chris