Using template objects - request:

From: Andrew Wooldridge <andreww@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:11:10 -0800
To: svg <www-svg@w3.org>
In section 4.4 it talks about using template objects. But the example is
only using one template object from the same file in other locations in
that file.  Is it indeed the case that I could have separate SVG files
which I could point to via the USE tag?

If so I would like to request that that is explicitly mentioned here in
4.4

Like:

<use xml:link="simple" show="embed" actuate="auto"

href="http://www.svg.org/images/baloons.svg#TemplateObject01" />

This helps to eliminate ambigutity and helps with building dynamic svg
docs.

- Andrew Wooldridge    -     Opinions expressed are my own -
- andreww@netscape.com -     http://people.netscape.com/andreww/
- my Q: 11111          -     my ICQ: 6345881