Re: Comments on XML Schema that would enable validation of SVG paths

From: Jan Aarsaether <jaa@metis.no>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 09:43:23 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Hundiak, Arthur" wrote:
> Sounds like yet another reason to break up the svg path attribute into
> individual elements.  Oh well, maybe for svg II.

I would love to break up <path> element into sub-elements. We had to
implement a parser within the parser for the <path> attributes. This
shouldn't be necessary. _Is_ it to late to do something about this in
SVG (I)?

Another thing is that the example files I have seen, usually uses
<path> excessively even when it is really only a polyline or polygon -
which is rather inefficient!

--jaa