Re: DOM in SVG implementations

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:35:43 +0100
To: raph@acm.org
CC: www-svg@w3.org
 Raph,

You would like to have a different flow in the DOM events model because the
current proposal doesn't support your need. That's right, the DOM Level 2
doesn't support your need. We (the DOM IG) don't also support the SVG DOM or the
SMIL DOM. The DOM WG can't handle all specific problems, that's a fact. Does
this mean that we are not responsive ? No. Our common answer is: Sorry, we can't
address your need, try to do it yourself (based on the DOM Level 2 proposal) and
if you can't do it with our current proposal, then we will change our
proposal. We already removed the key events from DOM Level 2 for that reason.

DOM Level 2 is now in CR [1]. So, try to implement your application with
DOM Level 2 (you can add a new event flow). If you can't do this, then we will
see how to change our model. A concrete proposal is always welcome ...

Regards,
Philippe.
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/CR-DOM-Level-2-19991210

--
Philippe Le Hegaret - http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), DOM Activity Lead