Re: Use of scientific notation

Ben,
Good question. The working group hasn't addressed this issue yet, but given
the name of the language (**scalable** vector graphics) and our desire to
satisfy a broad spectrum of needs, it seems likely that we would support
scientific notation wherever possible, but stay tuned while the working
group makes decisions.

One specific issue will be what to do about CSS properties. The CSS2 spec
only talks about decimal numbers without an exponent. SVG has some numeric
properties (e.g., font-size, letter-spacing, word-spacing) which
conceivably could also be expressed in scientific notation.

Jon