Re: Proposal: define scroll amount via CSS

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:31:36 -0400
To: Majid Valipour <majidvp@chromium.org>, Hazel Seanor <hazel.seanor@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 2018-07-16 at 12:17 -0400, Majid Valipour wrote:

> I believe this is already addressed by `scroll-padding` [1].

It might be, and i for one certainly find it annoying that Page Down
typically means you have to scroll back up by a few lines on many sites
these days. But i'd rather see Web pages work by default than CSS
authors have to add a workaround.

Can we instead have a recommendation that user agents consider the size
of the scroll viewport *by default* to be the visible area? How hard is
that to implement?

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C,  http://www.fromoldbooks.org/