Re: Proposal: define scroll amount via CSS

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM Majid Valipour <majidvp@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM Hazel Seanor <hazel.seanor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My proposed solution would be to add a new property, scroll-amount, which would be set to a size in units.
>
> I believe this is already addressed by `scroll-padding` [1].

Yes, 'scroll-padding' is designed for *precisely* this use-case.  Set
the size of the fixed header as a scroll-padding on the scroll
container, and pgUp/pgDn should jump the appropriate amount. (If
browsers properly support it, of course.)

>>  I haven't made a github issue because I'm not sure what to tag it as.
>
> If `scroll-padding` does not address this problem then I suggest creating a github issue and tagging it with css-scroll-snap.

Don't worry about correct tagging, we can edit titles and add labels
later.  Putting stuff into GitHub is *greatly* preferred; it's easy to
lose track of emails, particularly since our workflow is so GH-focused
now.

~TJ