Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

From: OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:28:55 -0700
To: Tadeus Prastowo <tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> I like the new behavior.  So, it is not a bad idea after all.

But I don't.

My point is that the default behavior has changed.  You should not do
this if a previous default has existed for years.  I would hope that
logical programmers would realize this.

With the new default, I have to do additional work adding CSS styles
to all of my web pages to make sure they display the normal way.  Why
do I have to do more work for a change that is opinion based and
should never have affected the way underlined text displays by
default?

It's not a good idea to invent conventions and then use them as the
default unless there is a very very good reason.