Re: [css-text-decor] Proposal for the 'text-emphasis-position' property syntax values

Le 2017-02-07 14:51, fantasai a écrit :
> On 02/03/2017 07:10 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux wrote:
>> Hi fantasai,
>>
>>> The key thing to realize is that the "before" side and the "over"
>>> side do not
>>> coincide in Mongolian writing. See
>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-writing-modes-3/#text-flow
>>
>> I have filed https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/240
>>
>>> Haven't gotten any use-case-backed requests yet, though.
>>
>> Can you provide (privately if you prefer) what the WG considers a
>> "use-case-backed request"?
>
> Someone being like, "I want to make a page that looks like X and
> it's not possible with CSS today", where X is a realistic thing
> someone would want to do rather than a mere thought experiment.

Elika,

Maybe this reply is not perfectly on topic... but anyways...

While developing a test [1] on text-shadow, I stumbled on the difficulty
of figuring out where the emphasis marks for 'text-emphasis-position'
should be respectively for glyphs with 'text-orientation: upgright' and
'text-orientation: sideways'.

The spec on text-emphasis-position [2] states

   'over'
     Draw marks over the text in horizontal writing mode.

   'right'
     Draw marks to the right of the text in vertical writing mode.

but what if I use 'text-orientation: upright' on a run of text? Then
what?

In this test

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3TextDecoration/text-emphasis-style-filled-circle-0xy.html

the middle stripe has 'text-orientation: upright' .

[1]
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/s76-text-shadow-attachment193531.html

[2]
3.4. Emphasis Mark Position: the 'text-emphasis-position' property
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-emphasis-position

Gérard