Re: [css-text-decor] Proposal for the 'text-emphasis-position' property syntax values

On 02/03/2017 07:10 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux wrote:
> Hi fantasai,
>
>> The key thing to realize is that the "before" side and the "over" side do not
>> coincide in Mongolian writing. See https://www.w3.org/TR/css-writing-modes-3/#text-flow
>
> I have filed https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/240
>
>> Haven't gotten any use-case-backed requests yet, though.
>
> Can you provide (privately if you prefer) what the WG considers a
> "use-case-backed request"?

Someone being like, "I want to make a page that looks like X and
it's not possible with CSS today", where X is a realistic thing
someone would want to do rather than a mere thought experiment.

It doesn't have to be especially formal, it just has to be especially believable. :)

~fantasai