Re: user-select

The old definition in https://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216#user-select <https://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css3-userint-20000216#user-select> was quite different from the modern version, and dealt with things like whether you can select one or multiple items in the dropdown that you get with the <select> element. That never got implemented, so it was dropped.

CSS-UI-4 specifies the modern version you know about, working back from what implementations actually do, and harmonizing the differences.

—Florian